Causes of rust often occur:
1. Improper use of products;
2. Water erosion;
3. The storage environment is too humid;
4. Contact corrosion;
5. The parts have been corroded and rusted before rust prevention;
6. The storage environment contains corrosive gases (HCL, SO2, etc.);
7. The oil film is broken.
To apply the following general rules when using rust preventive oils:
The "five more" general rules
1. Thoroughly dispose of the surface of the workpiece before the rust prevention;
2. To provide a good storage environment as much as possible;
3. To choose the correct use of anti-rust oil;
4. To regularly test the standards of anti-rust oil use fluid;
5. To regularly remove the rust-proof oil using the bottom of the liquid impurities.
The "Five Don't" General Rules
1. Do not directly treat rust-proof parts with oil and moisture;
2. Do not seal the wet parts in a closed package;
3. Do not store parts without rust-proofing directly;
4. Do not store the rust-prevented workpiece in a humid environment;
5. Do not mix other oils with anti-rust oil.
According to the classification of anti-rust products, different types of anti-rust oil also have special attention in the use process. This article uses volatile anti-rust oil as an example.
Volatile anti-rust oil is formulated from volatile hydrocarbon compounds and various film formers and rust inhibitor additives. After being applied to the metal surface, the solvent evaporates leaving a uniform rust-proof film. The use of high volatilization rate, good film formation and excellent rust resistance.
Use volatile anti-rust oil need to pay attention to the following matters:
1. The surface of the workpiece must be kept clean and dry before smearing with rust preventive oil.
2. When applying anti-rust oil, the employee’s hands must not directly touch the workpiece, and should wear gloves or finger-tips;
3. Because the evaporation rate is not suitable for the soaking process, it will lead to evaporation loss and thickening of the oil film;
4. Anti-rust oil must not be mixed with other oils or solvents.